- 2015 Annual Winter Westboro Beach Celebration
- 292 Lanark Ave Committee of Adjustment Decision
- After the Bell
- After the Bell
- After the Bell at Roy Duncan Park
- All Candidates Debate
- An evening with Bruce Di Labio has been postponed.
- Annual Winter Beach Bonfire
- Bloomfield Works Yard Expansion
- Bruce Di Labio - Postponed
- Check out You+Budget=Trees
- Committee of Adjustment Hearing – 371 Lanark Ave.
- Excellence in the 'hood!
- February 2015 Newsletter from Councillor Jeff Leiper
- ID Needed to Vote on October 19, 2015
- Last Chance to buy a shrub!
- Live on Lanark!
- Mahoney Park play structure renewal
- March 2015 Newsletter from Councillor Jeff Leiper
- Neighbourhood Spring Clean-up
- Official Plan Amendment - Ward 15
- OMB Upholds City Decision - NE corner of Island Park and Wellington
- Path Opening
- Playgroups in the Park
- Postal workers set up Camp in Westboro Beach Community
- Rosemount Expansion and Development (READ)
- Street party to celebrate the new pathway next to the Centre Jules Leger
- Taiga Non-Profit Housing Corporation
- Talk on Climate Change
- Tree and Shrub Sale
- Trees at risk
- WBCA Presentation at Kitchissippi Forum - April 18, 2015
- WBCA Spring Newsletter
- Westboro Beach /Jules Leger path
- Westboro Beach Closing Bonfire
- Westboro Beach Community Association (WBCA) will be at Westfest
- Westboro Beach Community Bird Walk
- Westboro Beach Opening 2015
- Westboro Beach Opening BBQ
posted Nov 13, 2015, 6:45 PM by Westboro Beach Community Association [ updated Jan 3, 2017, 8:41 AM ]
Do you care about Rosemount - YOUR COMMUNITY LIBRARY? Then please follow the activities of READ through our email list as well as facebook group, twitter and our website.
Rosemount Library is the second most used library per sq/ft of all 32 branches AND has been the #1 branch priority for the Ottawa Public Library for three years. Yet, other libraries lower on the list have had expansions and redevelopments. Now is a critical time for Rosemount, especially with all the surrounding development that is occurring.
READ (Rosemount Expansion and Development) is a group of local volunteers throughout Rosemount's catchment area that want to help expand and redevelopment Rosemount Library. We are working closely with library staff and with politicians at various levels of government on this issue.
We would like YOU to follow our occasional email updates and our social media presence so that you know what's going on. We may need, in rare instances, to engage library users in advocacy or planning and this is the way to find out.
PLEASE CONNECT TODAY!
• Email list: Email READRosemount@gmail.com put 'join list' in the subject heading
• Facebook: www.facebook.com/READRosemount
• Twitter: @READRosemount
• Website: http://www.readrosemount.ca/
posted Nov 13, 2015, 5:56 PM by Westboro Beach Community Association [ updated Jan 3, 2017, 8:39 AM ]
In our neighbourhood. Too fast? Too much? All right? Should anything be done? If yes, what?
Come join your neighbours in a discussion about our traffic situation at the Westboro Beach Community Association Annual General Meeting. We’ll talk about the vehicle and other traffic (cyclists, pedestrians) situation, whether action is needed and where.
When: Tuesday, November 17 at 7:00 p.m.
Location: Churchill Seniors Centre, 345 Richmond Road
There will be a brief business meeting – reports, election – followed by guest speaker:
Rob Wilkinson, Coordinator, Safer Roads Ottawa Program, City of Ottawa
Followed by traffic discussion and open mike.
We hope to see you there,
WBCA Board and Friends
posted Oct 3, 2015, 4:54 PM by Westboro Beach Community Association [ updated Oct 2, 2016, 9:25 AM ]
Who can vote?
- You must be a Canadian citizen
- You must be at least 18 years of age on election day
- You must prove your identity and address.
What ID do I need?
Show one piece of ID that has your name and current address (e.g. driver's licence, provincial or territorial ID card, any other government card with your photo, name and current address).
Show two pieces of ID (full list in file below). One must have your address, the other your name. The IDs cannot show 2 different addresses. A Health Card, hospital card, Government mail, prescription bottle, OW/ODSP info are considered valid ID if your name is on it.
If your ID does not have your current address, take an oath. Show two pieces of ID with your name and have someone who knows you attest to your address. This person must show proof of identity and address, be registered in the same polling division, and attest for only one person.
posted Oct 3, 2015, 4:38 PM by Westboro Beach Community Association [ updated Oct 2, 2016, 9:24 AM ]
The new path located beside the Centre Jules Leger was officially opened on Saturday, September 19th by Councillor Jeff Leiper and MPP Yasir Naqvi. The path will give Selby and Ferndale residents direct access to Beechgrove and the CBC path to the Transitway. The WBCA has been working on getting the path re-opened to give better access to transit for at least 15 years. Special thanks to our MPP who worked with the Ministry of Education to allow the path to be built on land adjacent to the school. Funding for the path came from the City of Ottawa's Transportation Master Plan.